BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector Series Offers
Compact, lightweight, waterproof to 3 ft and has a concussion proof boot with an optional attachable/removable pump. Audible, visual and vibrator alarms activate in the event of a low, high, TWA or STEL alarm condition. An optional motorized pump is available.
- H2S - Hydrogen Sulfide
- HCN - Hydrogen Cyanide
- CO - Carbon Monoxide
- Cl2 - Chlorine
- O2 - Oxygen
- ClO2 - Chlorine Dioxide
- SO2 - Sulfur Dioxide
- O3 - Ozone
- PH3 - Phosphine
- LEL Combustibles
- NH3 - Ammonia
- NO2 - Nitrogen Dioxide
- Compact (5.7 x 2.9 x 1.5 in. / 14.5 x 7.4 x 3.8 cm) and lightweight (13.1 oz. / 370 g)
- Rugged, highly water-resistant design... Continuous LCD shows simultaneous gas concentrations for 5 gases
- Integral concussion-proof enclosure for the most rugged environments
- Integral motorized pump option for remote sampling (optional)
- Two power options: three AA alkaline batteries or a rechargeable battery pack
- Provides 95 dB alarm tone and two bright wide-angled alarm bars
- Equipped with internal vibrating alarm for high noise areas
- Multi-language support in English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese
- Three backlight options: standard-activates in low light (auto), in alarm (auto) and reactivates on-demand; alarm only-activates in alarm conditions and reactivates on-demand; stealth mode
- Four alarm levels: instantaneous Low and High Alarm for all gases; TWA (time weighted average) and STEL (short term exposure limit) for toxic gases
- Simple automatic calibration procedure; compatible with BW MicroDock II system
- Records TWA, STEL and maximum exposures to gas and displays readings on command
- User selectable field options include: confidence beep, pass code protection, latching alarm, calibration due date and "SAFE" display function, stealth mode, selectable ppm resolution for some gases (e.g. SO2 0.1 ppm)
- Full function self-test of: sensor, battery and circuit integrity; and audible/visual alarms
- Confined Space Entry
- Wastewater Plants
- Steel / Iron Production
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector Series Specifications:
Fleet Manager II allows you to conveniently manage your gas detectors. Data storage and analysis has never been so simple. With the same look and feel as Fleet Manager, Fleet Manager II allows users to download information directly from BW Technologies or the MicroDock II.
With improved functionality, users can:
- Automatically create accurate and user-friendly reports
- Easily sort, format and graph data as well as view history
- Archive and share data easily, including databases
- Download and manage calibration and bump check records as well as datalogged information onto any PC
Fleet Manager is compatible with
Click here for complete specifications on the BW M5
- GasAlert Quattro
- Gasalert Max XT
- GasAlert Clip Extreme 24 Month
- GasAlert Clip Extreme 36 Month
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series (Micro 5 IR, Micro 5 PID)
- MicroDock II
What's included with the BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector Series
- BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector
- Stainless steel alligator clip
- Concussion-proof housing
- Cradle charger and wall outlet charging adaptor (with rechargeable battery option)
- Sample probe (with motorized pump option)
- Calibration/test adaptor and hose
- Rechargeable battery pack or alkaline pack with three AA batteries
GasAlert Micro5 series (M5) Expert Product Review:
Provides protection from 1-5 different kinds of atmospheric hazards, making it useful in a wide array of applications. It is available either as a standard toxic gas unit, a PID model for detection of VOCs or as an IR model for CO2 detection. It has both alkaline and rechargeable battery pack options, which are field-changeable, providing ease of use. You can also switch from diffusion mode to the optional built-in pump right in the field.
It is pricey, and the huge variety of sensor options, pump and battery options make choosing the right unit configuration a bit confusing for those not familiar with them. I recommend calling us at our toll free number (1.877.766.5412) for assistance in getting the right one.
The Bottom Line:
The GasAlertMicro 5 is highly configurable, which makes it suitable for the widest range of industries and applications. An example of some applications are Wastewater Plants, Pulp and Paper, Airlines, Landfills, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage, Chemical Plants, Hazmat/Homeland Security and many more! It has many of the same user friendly features as the other units in the BW product line, so it is simple and easy to operate in the field and is a decently small size for its capabilities.
The extensive selection of sensors and user-settable field options in the GasAlertMicro 5 make it one of the most versatile units out there. The new pump design has a visible integrated filter window that allows the user to easily inspect the filter for dirt and debris. This also makes changing the pump filters quick and easy and still provides superior water resistance. AA alkaline batteries or the hot-swappable rechargeable battery pack options allow for fast, safe, and easy battery installation right in the field.
Regular maintenance is required on this model in the form of frequent Calibrations and battery replacement or charging. Bump Tests can also be performed on the unit depending on personal preference or when site safety regulations require it.
Built for rugged environments, the built-in concussion proof boot provides excellent protection against accidental bumps, scratches and damage; and it is water-proof, with an IP rating of 67 it can be submerged in water up to 1 m deep for 30 minutes. The real-time gas concentration is displayed continuously on the LCD so you will always know the current levels, even when the unit is not in alarm. The unit has a built in Datalogging feature, enabling you to retrieve a detailed and accurate history of conditions and unit maintenance if needed.
Calibrating the unit is required every 180 days by factory default but is quick and easy to perform; the procedure can be done in the field and only takes about 2 minutes to perform, and all you will require is a cylinder of calibration gas and a regulator. It is also compatible with the BW MicroDock II calibration and bump test station for those who wish to use a more hands-free, automated, calibration and bump test procedure.
Click on a category to view a selection of compatible accessories with the BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector Series.
Replacement combustible (LEL) sensor for the GasAlertMicro 5 series of BW gas detectors. Detectors are equipped on a standard basis with SR-W04 combustible sensors. This sensor includes a heavy duty silicone filter that make it ideal for use in environments that have known sources of silicone or vapors containing silicon. The SR-W04 silicone filter equipped sensor should not be used when monitoring diesel, kerosene, jet fuel or other heavy hydrocarbon vapors with flashpoint temperatures above 38°C (100°F).
Note: This sensor includes a 2 year warranty from BW Technologies.
Replacement TwinTox sensor for the Micro 5 of BW gas detectors. The TwinTox sensor detects both carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and is what gives the Micro 5 it's fifth gas.
Replacement combustible (LEL) sensor without heavy duty silicone filter for the GasAlertMicro 5 series of BW gas detectors. Detectors are equipped on a standard basis with SR-W04 combustible sensors. This sensor includes a heavy duty silicone filter that make it ideal for use in environments that have known sources of silicone or vapors containing silicon. The SR-W04 silicone filter equipped sensor should not be used when monitoring diesel, kerosene, jet fuel or other heavy hydrocarbon vapors with flashpoint temperatures above 38°C (100°F).
Note: This sensor includes a 2 year warranty from BW Technologies.
The H2S low methanol sensor is now the standard sensor in all portable instruments that use an H2S sensor. This does not apply to COSH sensors. The H2S low methanol sensors feature a reduced cross sensitivity to methanol. Environments with background levels of alcohols or organic vapors will not affect hydrogen sulfide readings.
Replacement hydrogen cyanide (HCN) sensor for the BW GasAlert Micro 5 and BW GasAlert Extreme. Installation only requires a screwdriver.
Replacement ozone (O3) sensor for the GasAlert Extreme series of BW gas detectors.
Note: This sensor includes a 1 year warranty from BW Technologies.
Replacement chlorine (Cl2) sensor for the BW GasAlert Extreme and the BS GasAlertMicro 5. This sensor includes a 1 year warranty.
Replacement phosphine (PH3) sensor for use inside the GasAlert Extreme detector series from BW Technologies.
Replacement carbon monoxide (CO) sensors make gas detector maintenance easy. All you need is a small phillips screwdriver to install this replacement sensor in your BW GasAlert Quattro detector.
Replacement nitrogen dioxide (NO2) sensor for the BW GasAlert Extreme and the BS GasAlertMicro 5 gas detectors. Installation only requires a screwdriver.
Replacement carbon monoxide (CO) sensor for the GasAlertMicro 5 and BW GasAlert Extreme. This sensor is H2 resistant to prevent the CO detector from degrading under exposure to H2.
Replacement chlorine dioxide (ClO2) sensor. Features a 1 year warranty.
Replacement sulfur dioxide (SO2) sensor for the BW GasAlert Micro 5 and BW GasAlert Extreme. Installation only requires a screwdriver.
Replacement oxygen (O2) sensor for the GasAlertMax XT II series of BW Multiple Gas Detectors.
Replacement ammonia (NH3) sensor for the BW GasAlert Micro 5 and BW GasAlert Extreme. Installation only requires a screwdriver.
Note: This sensor includes 1 year warranty from BW Technologies.
Ask a question about BW GasAlertMicro 5 Multi-Gas Detector Series